I HAVE BEEN INVITED!!
I have accepted the invitation by activating my R.S.V.P.-– to enter into a special, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as my Savior, My Lord, My teacher and My Friend.
I consider it an honor to be invited. It’s as if I have received an invitation to; the White House, Buckingham Palace, or maybe even an Inaugural Ball.
As women, what is the first thing we think about when we receive such an invitation?
“What on earth will I wear?!”
A more appropriate question to ask might be, “What in spirit will I wear?!” The preparation begins, at times, even before we accept the invitation. When we think of attending such a special affair, we begin to seek out proper attire, proper behavior, proper protocol; “How do I respond?”, “What is proper attire?”, “How do I stand?”, “How do I sit?”, “Which is the salad fork and which is the soup spoon?”, and “when do I pick up my napkin?”
These are questions for which answers we must learn before the event takes place. In our preparation for accepting my personal, special invitation to solidifying my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I have to be sure that I am prepared. I have work to do.
The last thing I want is to arrive at this magnificent event unprepared. I would hate to stand out like a sore thumb, looking out-of-place. To avoid embarrassment at all costs, I must be prepared. No flying by the seat of my pants on this one!
So, how does one prepare for such an event? One must first understand what they are preparing for. What will this event offer you? What will you walk away with? What wonders will be in store for you while you are there? This relationship offers you a Savior, a Lord, a teacher and a friend.
How can you possibly prepare to receive these amazing gifts?
By understanding their value:
1. My Savior – It’s because of this great sacrifice that I am assured everlasting life. I have been given a VIP pass into the heavenly realm upon my death. I no longer have to worry about what will happen to me. I KNOW my final outcome. I can rest. It’s as if I have finally sat in my seat at a concert that I was given tickets to attend, but left my tickets at home, three hours away. I’ve been given favor to enter. Now, I can relax and enjoy the performance. I can now rest and enjoy, basking in his magnificent presence FOREVER!
2. My Lord – I NEVER have to worry about anything. He’s got my back! He’s my body-guard, my protector, my leader. He fights for me and before me. I can walk in confidence knowing that a path has been cleared for me, from all dangers, to walk freely on the path he has chosen especially for me.
3. My Teacher – A good teacher leads and guides. An excellent teacher will teach you based on your learning style. I can count on God leading me in the way I learn best. Whether you are an auditory, visual or kinesthetic (hands on) learner, God will place you in the position to learn based on your individual learning style.
- If you are an auditory learner, He will teach you through what you hear.
- If you are a visual learner, He will teach you through what see, and
- If you are a kinesthetic learner, he will teach you lessons through what you do.
God knows how to teach me, whereby making it easier for me to receive and apply His teaching. Lessons learned help me to be all I can be in order to do what He needs me to do.
4. My Friend – Seasons come and go in our lives, just as people. Some for a moment, some for a particular period of time, some for a life time. Jesus is my life time friend.
I never worry whether or not He will be there for me.
I never wonder whether or not something will be misinterpreted that may cause Him
to get angry and stop speaking to me.
I don’t get jealous because He is spending time with someone else.
I know He will always listen and that He will always be there for me, no matter what I do. There is no better friend than that. But, in order to have a friend, you have to be a friend, and give that friend all that they give to you.
So, you see, I accept this glorious invitation. I send my RSVP willingly, and begin my preparations to position myself to receive ALL that is freely given to me. My preparation involves seeking Him;
- what He likes,
- what pleases Him,
so that as I enter into His presence, I am more than a guest. Doing all the right things, following all the right protocol.
Once I know that I am fully prepared, I know that I am not only a guest, but His special guest, seated at the head table, blessed and highly favored!